The Centre for Sustainable Healthcare is working to bring together knowledge on sustainability in the health sector, including evidence, case studies and tools for practical action.
We're currently working on this page so please come back soon - in the mean time you may be interested in the following:
We are working on new and innovative ways to assess the carbon cost of health service provision.
In our work with clinical specialities we focus on the services offered by organisations and the care pathways followed by individuals. To support this work we are developing methodologies that will allow monitoring and analysing the carbon costs of services and care pathways. Importantly we are working to align the carbon assessment or accounting systems with existing financial information and costing systems. At present we have 3 main initiatives:
- Modelling the carbon impact of clinical care
- Service line analysis and reporting
- Incorporating Sustainability Measures in Patient Level Information and Costing Systems
Knowledge transfer projects
- Mapping Greener Healthcare
- How to...
- The Climate Connection
- SHEBA - Sustainability for Health, and Evidence Base for Action: www.sustainabilityforhealth.org
Additional sources of information
- Lancet/UCL Commission: managing the health effects of climate change
- Royal Society: climate change resources
- Met Office: climate change resources
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- MIT Centre for Global Change Science
- UK Climate Impacts Programme
- WHO: climate change resources
- BMA: climate change resources
- NASA's Global Climate Change Site