We're hiring! Clinical Specialties Lead
- 4-5 days per week, £37,000 pro rata
- Able to travel to meetings in London, Oxford and nationally when necessary.
- Apply by 9am on Monday 7 June 2021
We are looking for a dynamic and effective person with clinical and leadership experience and excellent management skills to expand our work with clinical specialties. You will help to accelerate the adoption of sustainable healthcare as a core dimension of health professional policy and practice while working for an energetic and flexible organisation.
The Clinical Specialties Lead will work within the CSH clinical programme team to consolidate active sustainable specialties programmes and establish programmes in additional specialties. You will contribute to ongoing development of the sustainable specialties approach and strategies for engaging clinical communities in improving and promoting environmental sustainability of health systems. You will work closely with the CSH Medical Director and with other members of the Clinical programme team, as well as our Fellows, Scholars and external partners. Your work will be supported by our Fundraising Director, Communications Lead and administrative staff.
- Supervise / oversee supervision of Fellows in existing specialty programmes: supporting them with identifying and meeting learning needs, project design, overcoming barriers, writing articles and reports, dissemination, networking and facilitating exchange of learning with other CSH programmes and external initiatives
- Develop strong working relationships with partner organisations, e.g. specialty organisations, NHS, academic institutions, industry, patient groups, including convening specialty steering groups
- Contribute to design of individual specialty programmes/fellowships based on CSH’s established approach but taking into account the characteristics of the specialty and the available partnerships
- Grow the team – create and assist with appointing to new roles working on sustainable specialties
- Manage new team members, support their development and assure the quality of their work
- Contribute to the ongoing development of online CSH Networks platform and resource library
- Help to communicate impacts of the specialty programmes nationally and internationally
- Teach on CSH courses
How to apply
The full job description and application form is attached below. Please complete the application form and email to CSH by 9am on Monday 7 June 2021. Your application will be assessed solely by how well you fit the requirements in the Person Specification and to what extent you demonstrate your experience and/or knowledge of the tasks you will be required to complete. Interviews will take place online on Thursday 17 June 2021.