We're hiring! Green Ward Programme Manager
- 4-5 days per week, £35,000 pro rata
- Able to travel to meetings in London, Oxford and nationally when necessary.
- Apply by 9am on Monday 14 June 2021
We are looking for a dynamic new team member with clinical experience and strengths in mentoring and inspiring others to manage our flagship leadership and clinical engagement programme, the Green Ward Competition, and contribute to other work supporting the integration of sustainability into healthcare organisations. The Green Ward Programme Manager will help to accelerate the adoption of sustainable healthcare as a core dimension of healthcare management and practice while working for an organisation that is at the forefront of transformational change in the field of sustainable healthcare.
The Green Ward Programme Manager will manage and deliver our award-winning Green Ward Competition, a clinical engagement and leadership programme with UK healthcare provider organisations. Using Sustainable Quality Improvement (SusQI) methods, you will work directly with ward, unit and community teams, coaching them to develop, run and measure their sustainability projects to save resources both for their immediate service and for the organisation as a whole.
The role involves contributing to ongoing development of the CSH Clinical Programme and you will join the faculty for CSH Courses.
- Developing strong working relationships with NHS Trusts and other partner organisations
- Recruiting teams from within partner healthcare organisations
- Running online and face-to-face workshops with small groups of healthcare staff
- Liaising with the partner staff members in the Trust
- Making inter-departmental links within the organisation, including with the quality improvement team
- Mentoring teams during the competition
- Writing impact report, containing case studies using SusQI framework
- Organising and hosting a high-impact judging and awards ceremony in collaboration with the CSH Communications Lead
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the Green Ward Competition programme
- Taking opportunities to write journal articles or prepare posters for presentation at academic conferences
- Using cases from the Green Ward Competition to contribute to SusQI training materials
- Where the opportunity arises, working as part of a wider team to integrate SusQI into the working of the host organisation
- Teach large groups on CSH course workshops
How to apply
The full job description and application form is attached below. Please complete the application form and email to CSH by 9am on Monday 14 June 2021. Your application will be assessed solely by how well you fit the requirements in the Person Specification and to what extent you demonstrate your experience and/or knowledge of the tasks you will be required to complete. Interviews will take place online on Thursday 1 July 2021.