We're hiring! Clinical Specialties Lead
- 4-5 days per week, £37,000 pro rata
- Able to travel to meetings in Oxford and nationally when necessary.
- Apply by 9am on Monday 13 September 2021
We are looking for a dynamic person with clinical and education/leadership experience to expand our work with clinical specialties. You will help to accelerate the adoption of sustainable healthcare as a core dimension of health professional policy and practice while working for an energetic and flexible organisation.
The Clinical Specialties Lead will work within the CSH clinical programme team to support our Sustainable Specialties programmes by training and mentoring Scholars and Fellows. You will contribute to ongoing development of the sustainable specialties approach and strategies for engaging clinical communities in improving and promoting environmental sustainability of health systems. You will work closely with the CSH Medical Director and with other members of the Clinical programme team, as well as our Fellows, Scholars and external partners. Your work will be supported by our Communications Lead and administrative staff.
- Supervise / oversee supervision of Specialty Fellows and Scholars: supporting them with identifying and meeting learning needs, project design, overcoming barriers, writing articles and reports, dissemination, networking and facilitating exchange of learning with other CSH programmes and external initiatives.
- Develop strong working relationships with partner organisations, e.g. specialty organisations, NHS, academic institutions, industry, patient groups, including convening specialty steering groups
- Contribute to design of individual specialty programmes/fellowships based on CSH’s established approach but taking into account the characteristics of the specialty and the available partnerships
- Contribute to the ongoing development of online CSH Networks platform and resource library
- Help to communicate impacts of the specialty programmes nationally and internationally
- Teach on CSH courses
- In future, manage new team members, support their development and assure the quality of their work
How to apply
The full job description and application form is attached below. Please complete the application form and email to CSH by 9am on Monday 13 September 2021.
Your application will be assessed solely by how well you fit the requirements in the Person Specification and to what extent you demonstrate your experience and/or knowledge of the tasks you will be required to complete. Interviews will take place online in the weeks commencing 20 or 27 September 2021.