We're hiring! CSH QI Education Fellow 2022-3
- 3-5 days a week, £29,000-£42,500 per annum (£42,500 pro rata)
- Able to travel to meetings in London, Oxford and nationally when necessary.
- Apply by 9am on Monday 21st March 2022
CSH is seeking to appoint a qualified health professional to an Education Fellowship, working on a project to support the inclusion of sustainability in quality improvement education for undergraduate medical students, postgraduate doctors and other health professionals. You will take over from the 2021-2 Education Fellow, working on our ‘Sustainability in QI Education’ project.
Despite growing awareness and concern about the climate and ecological emergency, as well as Government and NHS commitments on carbon reduction, there remains a gap in knowledge and skills for sustainable healthcare among health professionals. Integrating sustainability into quality improvement (QI) offers a practical way to fill this gap: addressing environmental and ethical challenges in healthcare while providing a fresh motivation for staff to engage in QI and directing teams towards the highest value improvements.
Through the Sustainability in QI Education project, CSH is working with medical, nursing and AHP educators to pioneer the integration of sustainability in undergraduate and postgraduate QI education and catalyse its widespread uptake across UK education programmes. The project has been funded and supported by Health Education England and The Health Foundation.
Tasks will include:
- Project planning, project management
- Review of existing QI teaching and materials to identify how sustainability could best be integrated
- Development of SusQI teaching and materials, drawing on CSH’s existing resources and developing new
- resources as necessary (including videos).
- Delivery of SusQI training to healthcare staff, students and educators – online and in-person
- Providing support to educators to deliver in-house SusQI training
- Providing support to individual QI projects – e.g. in measuring environmental and social impacts (with help
- from CSH staff)
- Writing and posting regular online updates
- Contributing to data collection and analysis
- Preparation and submission of papers to medical education journals/ conferences
- Conference presentations
- Development of strong working relationships with partner organisations
- Dissemination of open-access resources to education providers via CSH & partner networks
- Networking with key individuals and organisations in healthcare improvement and education
How to apply
The full job description and application form are attached below. Please complete the application form and email to CSH by 9am on Monday 21st March 2022. Your application will be assessed solely by how well you fit the requirements in the Person Specification and to what extent you demonstrate your experience and/or knowledge of the tasks you will be required to complete. Interviews will take place online on Thursday 31st March 2022.