The Centre for Sustainable Healthcare (CSH) has developed this policy to help you understand what we do with your data and how we keep it secure.
This policy applies to The Centre for Sustainable Healthcare Ltd, company number No. 7450026 and as a charity No.1143189 and is written in accordance with The UK General Data Protection Regulation (retained from EU Regulation 2016/679 EU) (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 1998.
Under this law we are required to: process personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner; collect data for specified and legitimate purposes and not process data in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; collect data that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed; ensure that data is accurate and kept up to date, and take every reasonable step to rectify or erase data that is inaccurate without delay; keep data only for the period necessary for the purposes of processing; ensure that appropriate security is in place to protect data against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage; process data in accordance with the rights of data subjects; and transfer data outside the UK only if there is an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects.
If CSH experiences a data breach of any kind, we have a legal obligation to report this to ICO within 72 hours. CSH will also inform all the victims of the data breach as soon as possible if there is a high risk of adversely affecting individuals’ rights and freedoms. CSH will store and record all data breaches.
This policy applies to all pages hosted on this site and other sites CSH runs, including the CSH website, the CSH networks website, the NHS Forest website, the SusQI website and the Mapping Sustainable Healthcare website. This policy does not apply to other organisations we may direct you to whose privacy policies might differ.
- How your data is collected
- What data CSH collects
- How your data is kept secure
- Who has access to your data
- How we use your data
- How CSH will communicate with you
- How to find out more or make a complaint
- Changes to this policy
1. How your data is collected
CSH is responsible for all collection of your data for CSH. You are on our database because you:
- Signed up to our networks or courses
- Signed up to our newsletter(s) which are sent using Mailchimp
- Emailed us directly or contacted us through our website to ask us to be signed up to our networks and/ or newsletter(s)
- Registered as an NHS Forest site or requested trees
- Registered to join the NHS Forest conference; or
You are not on our database, but CSH has your contact details because
- Your information has been shared with us by JustGiving via the CSH page on that site
- You sponsored a tree for the NHS Forest; or
You are not on our database, but your contact details appear on our website because
- You have asked us to advertise an event for you
- You have written an article for our website and asked for your details to be included
- You added a case study to the sustainable healthcare mapping website
2. What data does CSH collect
When you sign up to CSH’s newsletters, courses and/or networks, CSH collects your name and email address, your role in your organisation and your organisation’s name plus a short biography. Your name and email address are a requirement to receive our newsletters and networks notifications. The other information is voluntary to assist the networking and forum discussions. All information is collected with your consent.
Cookies are small files that are downloaded onto your computer or mobile phone from websites that you visit. Cookies contain information that allows websites to recognise that you have used the site before.
All browsers allow you to control which cookies you accept and which you delete. You will usually find these settings under the ‘preferences’ or ‘tools’ menu of your browser. For more information about cookies, please see allaboutcookies.org, http://www.allaboutcookies.org .
4. How your data is kept secure
Your data is kept securely on our website and mailchimp.org using industry-standard tools, such as firewalls, to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information. We make every effort to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
We do not collect any personal financial information from you. Any donations will be processed via JustGiving or any similar secure site in future and any Tree Sponsorships via PayPal or any similar secure site in future.
5. Who has access to your data
CSH never sells your data to any other organisation. We also never share your data with any other organisation. All employees of CSH who are authorised to process your data can access your data. All our staff are trained to understand data protection and what they need to do to keep your data secure.
6. How we use your data
CSH uses your data in the ways you have specified by opting in to being contacted in certain ways. This includes:
- Sending you newsletter(s) and newsflashes if you have opted into being sent these
- Sending you network notifications which you consent to by signing up to a network. You can adjust preferences of how this is done (see below)
- Updating you on how to join our online conferences or webinars
- Sending or requesting information about tree planting
- Informing you of job and volunteer opportunities via the newsletters and newsflashes.
- Responding to any complaints from you
- Working with authorities in cases of fraud or criminal investigations.
We are not using any of this information for profiling.
7. How CSH will communicate with you
We will only communicate with you via email unless you have requested that we use another format such as phone or hard copy letter.
You can unsubscribe from our emails any time. If you would like to unsubscribe from our newsletter(s) and newsflashes, you can click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the newsletters.
If you would like to unsubscribe from our network notifications, you can click the link at the bottom of the notification offering to update your notification settings. You can then unclick the networks you would not like to receive notifications from. If you would like to delete your whole account, go to ‘settings’ and scroll down to the bottom. There, you can click ‘cancel account’.
8. How to find out more or make a complaint
You have a right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you, which CSH will supply to you within one month. CSH will ask for proof of identity and may charge a fee should any request be unusually complex or time-consuming.
If you have specific questions about how CSH processed your data which are not answered here or you would like to make a complaint about how we managed your data then please either write, call or email us via the details below.
The Centre for Sustainable Healthcare, Suite 310, 266 Banbury Road, Summertown, Oxford, OX2 7DL.
Tel: 01865 515811 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response to your enquiry then you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office directly via the details on their website, https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
9. Changes to this policy