We're hiring! Communications, marketing, and engagement lead for Green Space for Health Programme
We are looking for a confident communications, engagement and marketing professional with a strong, demonstrable track record of delivering successful communications activity to join our team.
- Full time, starting ASAP (option of part-time 4 days per week).
- Fixed term until 31st March 2025 (with possibility of extension)
- Salary range: £31,500 - £34,000 per annum (plus contributory pension)
- Working primarily remotely, with travel to monthly meetings in Oxford (travel expenses covered)
- Apply by 12pm noon on 28th April 2023
Role and Responsibilities
This is a varied role and in 2023-2024 will see a focus on developing our narrative around Healthcare Happens Here! Specifically, we are focusing on trees and woodlands as a way to deliver the green estate as a healthcare asset. Our communications cuts across equity and health inequalities; NHS staff well-being; climate change and biodiversity.
As our Strategic communications, marketing and engagement lead, you will use your knowledge and expertise to ensure we are communicating for impact, reaching audiences within and outside of the NHS. You will:
- Work collaboratively to develop a programme communications strategy with consistent messaging that inspires target audiences to get engaged and act.
- Plan and manage a content calendar to support effective integration across our Programme.
- Create inspiring, high-quality content that reflects the why of our work and the outcomes and impacts, including copy-writing key content and developing visuals.
- Manage and optimise our website by ensuring it is relevant, up to date, on brand, and effective. You will enhance user journeys and accessibility of relevant content by utilising analytical tools, regularly monitoring the effectiveness of website content to improve SEO, conversion rates, and other website goals.
- Develop and deliver email marketing strategies to drive engagement and conversion, including drafting email news and other e-content and evaluate and report back on digital marketing activities to help inform engagement and campaigning.
- Develop effective workflows and governance for communications and marketing, ensuring brand consistency throughout all content and marketing outputs, and that best practice and protocols around data protection and consent are followed.
- Manage enquiries and support administration as required during the tree planting season.
- Work with the team to plan and deliver virtual events, including the annual NHS Forest
- Conference and other webinars; seminars or training that supports the project.
- Develop and implement outreach and PR activities that align with the programme goals, such as increasing brand awareness, attracting new users, and building relationships with stakeholders and media contacts.
- Undertake any other activity including outreach, as required to support the team.
This post sits within the NHS Forest, Trees Call to Action project. This project is funded by the Trees Call to Action Fund. The fund was developed by Defra in partnership with the Forestry Commission and is being delivered by the Heritage Fund.
How to apply
View the full job specification here. Please email a cover letter and CV to Info@sustainablehealthcare.org.uk. Your cover letter should detail how you fit the Person Specification and be no longer than two pages long. Your application will be assessed solely by how well you fit these requirements and to what extent you demonstrate your experience and/or knowledge of the tasks you will be required to complete.
- Applications should be made by 12pm noon on 28th April 2023
- Interviews will take place on Tuesday 9th and Thursday 11th May between 1-4 pm