Internship opportunity; Sustainable Healthcare Education programme internship
The Centre for Sustainable Healthcare is looking for a part time intern to support the re-launch of the Sustainable Healthcare Education Network- working to embed environmental sustainability into healthcare education around the UK.
The Sustainable Healthcare Education network (SHE) aims to enable all students in health professional degrees to explain the relevance of planetary health to human health and healthcare and apply skills for improving the sustainability of healthcare. This knowledge informs the behaviours and activities of health professionals, who promote health by incorporating environmental sustainability in their workplaces and professional roles.
SHE has operated as an informal network of medical educators and students since 2009, working together to promote the integration of sustainable healthcare into undergraduate and postgraduate medical curricula and teaching. In 2018, SHE is being relaunched as a formal programme of CSH, including appointment of a national Steering Committee and development of a five-year plan. We are seeking to appoint an intern to provide administrative support during the transition to this new phase.
This is an exciting opportunity to:
- Learn about how healthcare can be made more sustainable
- Contribute to an impactful movement, leading the edge of sustainability in healthcare education.
- Work with experts in the field whit over 10 years experience in clinical sustainability
- Gain experience in project management, website design and event and stakeholder management
- Develop academic skills in curriculum development, medical education research and academic writing.
This is a one year, 2 days per month voluntary internship.
To find out more, please dowload the role description here: she_intern_ad_2018.pdf
To apply please send CV and covering letter to Dr. Frances Mortimer at: email@example.com by Monday 4th June 2018, 12pm.