New online sustainable healthcare courses!
In October 2020, NHS England announced its world-leading commitment to achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2040. In response, CSH has designed a range of interdisciplinary training courses to help health professionals, senior leaders, educators, sustainability managers and estates managers take climate action and adopt net zero practices within their work setting,
The courses are based on a lively mix of core concepts, case studies, and the sharing of interdisciplinary perspectives and experiences.
January - July 2021 Workshop Dates
- Thursday 21 January (10 am - 2 pm) - Introduction to Sustainable Healthcare
- Thursday 11 February (1pm – 5pm) - Carbon Footprinting for Healthcare
- Wednesday 24 February (10 am - 2 pm) - Sustainable Quality Improvement
- Wednesday 3 March (8 am - 12pm) - Introduction to Sustainable Healthcare
- Wednesday 31 March (1.30 pm -5.30 pm) - Teaching Sustainable Quality Improvement
- Tuesday 20 April (1 pm - 5 pm) - Sustainable Dentistry
- Friday 23 April (9 am -1 pm) - Public Health Leadership for Sustainability
- Monday 26 April (1 pm - 5 pm) - Sustainable Quality Improvement
- Tuesday 27 April (10 am - 2 pm) - Green Space and Health
- Tuesday 11 May (2 pm - 6 pm) - Introduction to Sustainable Healthcare
- Wednesday 9 June (10 am – 2 pm) - Carbon Footprinting for Healthcare
- Wednesday 7 July (10 am - 2pm) - Sustainable Quality Improvement
Bookings can be made here.
Part I. Self-study: Two weeks before the workshop begins we will send you a link with access to a 4-hour interactive package with video case studies. After working through the materials in your own time, you are invited to identify a sustainability topic in your setting that you might like to learn more about.
Part II. Workshop: This 4-hour small group workshop is facilitated by expert instructors and conducted over a video conferencing platform. Workshop timetables are available on each of the individual course pages (see menu at right).
Part III. Work-in-progress presentations (optional, for advanced courses only): A few months after the workshop you will have an opportunity to share your work and receive further input from peers and instructors.