Fisher & Paykel Healthcare’s cycle Land's End to John O'Groats to support CSH
It gives us great pleasure to announce that Fisher & Paykel Healthcare has chosen the Centre for Sustainable Healthcare as one of their CARE charities of the year. Throughout 2021, ten CARE Charity Challenges will be held, with the Land's End to John O'Groats cycle serving as the organization's largest challenge of the year.
A group of ten cyclists will ride more than 1000 miles in the span of thirteen days. Eight of the team members will participate in segments of the ride, with two team members completing the whole distance. As a team, they will log a total of 4270 miles. The team will not be using any support vehicles and will be carrying all of their own equipment and supplies in order to minimise environmental impact.
Sarah Schreiber, Senior Territory Manager Charity Lead at Fisher & Paykel Healthcare, said:
“We have chosen The Centre for Sustainable Healthcare due to their pledge to help the NHS reduce its carbon footprint thus improving environmental outcomes. By working together, we can all help to create a healthier planet.”
As part of the team traveling from York to Newcastle, Dr. Richard Hixon, a trustee for the Centre for Sustainable Healthcare, will be cycling alongside them.
Rachel Stancliffe, Director of the Centre for Sustainable Healthcare, said:
"It is fantastic that Fisher and Paykel are taking their responsibility to the environment seriously with this fantastic cycle ride, alongside other efforts made by the company. We are very grateful for the dedication of the individuals cycling and the support of all those who have organised and sponsored them. Let’s hope the wind is behind them!”
Their journey begins on the 3rd of September, and it will take them via the following cities and towns:
- Friday 03.09.21: Land’s End to Bodmin (70 miles)
- Saturday 04.09.21: Bodmin to Tiverton (90 miles)
- Sunday 05.09.21: Tiverton to Bristol (80 miles)
- Monday 06.09.21: Bristol to Stratford upon Avon (80 miles)
- Tuesday 07.09.21: Stratford upon Avon to Bakewell (95 miles)
- Wednesday 08.09.21: Bakewell to York (80 miles)
- Thursday 09.09.21: York to Newcastle (95 miles)
- Friday 10.09.21: Newcastle to Berwick upon Tweed (80 miles)
- Saturday 11.09.21: Berwick upon Tweed to Edinburgh (60 miles)
- Sunday 12.09.21: Edinburgh to Braemar (85 miles)
- Monday 13.09.21: Braemar to Dingwall (100 miles)
- Tuesday 14.09.21: Dingwall to Lybster (80 miles)
- Wednesday 15.09.21: Lybster to John O’Groats (30 miles)
Updates on the ride will be tweeted on the @OptiflowNHF twitter account, which will use the hashtag #CARECharityChallenges to identify it. If you would want to contribute to the charity ride, you can find out more information, here.