Green Prescribing for Sustainable Healthcare: Learning Resources
The recordings and learning resources from our event, ‘Green Prescribing for Sustainable Healthcare: from Policy to Practice,' are now available at: https://sustainablehealthcare.org.uk/what-we-do/connecting-q-locally/green-prescribing-sustainable-healthcare/
Can we harness the power of nature to support the physical, mental, social, emotional and spiritual well-being for each person and the population as a whole, helping to prevent illness? And how can we steward and care for our ecosystems that we rely on so that they are sustained as they sustain us?
Our inspiring panelists discussed how nature connection for health can be integrated into everyday life, into existing clinical pathways and what work is going on to scale Green Prescribing in the UK:
- Nicola Gitsham, Head of Social Prescribing and Community Approaches, NHS England and Improvement
- Sam Alford, Senior Manager, Green Social Prescribing programme, NHS England and Improvement
- Jacob Krzanowski, Specialist Registrar in General Adult Psychiatry at the South London and Maudsley (SLaM) NHS Foundation Trust
- Jenny King, Wild at Heart Project Officer, Sheffield and Rotherham Wildlife Trust
- Jane Soothill, Communities and Prevention Officer, Surrey County Council
To hear the event recordings, as well as important themes and resources for learning and discussion, go to https://sustainablehealthcare.org.uk/what-we-do/connecting-q-locally/green-prescribing-sustainable-healthcare
This project is funded through Q, by the Health Foundation and NHS England and NHS Improvement. You can find further topics from the Connecting Q locally series by visiting this page.