We're hiring! CSH Education Director
This is an exciting senior role for an environmentally committed educator. You will lead our experienced Education Team, provide strategical oversight and management of several workforce training services and mass education initiatives, produce learning resources in a range of formats, and help expand the Programme’s work nationally and internationally.
- Home-based with monthly travel to Oxford (travel expenses covered)
- Full/part-time post: 4 – 5 days per week
- Salary: £41,000 pro rata per annum (plus contributory pension)
- Fixed term for 12 months (with a view to extend into a permanent position)
- Apply by midnight 10th August 2023. Informal calls W/C 21st August 2023 and interviews will take place on 24th August 2023
⚠️ We are extending the application deadline to midnight 24th August 2023. Informal call and interview date: TBC
About the role
The Centre for Sustainable Healthcare provides research, training, and strategic input to national and local health programmes. Our Education Programme provides training in sustainable healthcare and planetary health for health professionals in educational institutions, professional bodies and healthcare organisations. In our other work, the Clinical Transformation Programme mainstreams environmental sustainability within clinical areas so that it is integral to the planning of health systems and the practice of healthcare professionals. And the Green Space for Health Programme works to realise the value of the NHS green estate for physical and mental health, supporting NHS sites to develop their green space for the benefit of patients, staff and communities, while improving biodiversity and combatting climate change.
We are looking for an educator with strategic and operational leadership experience; project and team management, service development, curriculum design for adult education, and financial budgeting alongside programme development skills and experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage the Education Programme strategy, services*, projects, budgets, reporting and staffing in line with the strategic aims of CSH.
- Line-manage experienced staff (currently 6 people) via weekly team meetings, monthly one-to-one supervisions, annual development plans.
- Raise income for, monitor and oversee the programme budget in consultation with CSH fundraising and finance staff.
- Expand, embed, and mainstream the Programme’s work nationally and internationally.
- Oversee the transition of the Fellows and Scholars service into the Education programme,including supporting CSH staff to supervise individual fellows and scholars within an agreed framework, ensuring outputs and learning are disseminated, developing and promoting the programme to increase participation and impact.
- Develop strong relationships with top level clients and partner organisations such as Royal Colleges, NHS and healthcare providers, industry clients, academic institutions and regulators, ICS/ICBs, patient groups, and specialty steering groups.
- Contribute to the strategic direction and governance of CSH through Senior Management Team membership.
- Produce or oversee the production of education materials.
- Conduct communication/broadcasting activities such as conference presentations and publications.
*Education services: i) Courses ii) Board level training iii) Sustainable healthcare placements iv) Fellows and scholars v) Consultancy/bespoke training vi) Sustainable healthcare-broadcasting
How to apply
Please see the full job description attached.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter, explaining how your skills and experience match this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midnight, 24th August 2023.
Informal calls and interviews: TBC
For any questions, please contact email@example.com