We're Hiring! CSH Chief Operating Officer
This is an exciting new role and will be part of the Senior Management Team. The Chief Operating Officer will assist this team in implementing the organisation’s strategy, securing the organisation’s recent expansion, and supporting potential future growth of the organisation.
- Home-based with monthly travel to Oxford and other national travel where necessary.
- Full/part-time post: 4 – 5 days per week
- Salary: £43,000 pro rata per annum (plus contributory pension)
- Fixed term for 12 months (with the expectation to extend into a permanent position)
Apply by 5pm on 8th September 2023.
About the role.
We are looking for a dynamic experienced leader with excellent people, operational and financial management skills to support the everyday management of the operations and finance team as well as the financial planning for the organisation. As Chief Operating Officer, you will work closely with the Chief Executive, who needs to prioritise more external market facing work, to manage financial, operational people and internal business policy, processes, and procedures to ensure the smooth running of this energetic and flexible organisation.
The Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for the delivery of core services such as Finance, IT and Compliance, and also manage a core team of staff to deliver Fundraising, Communications, HR and Administration.
Responsibilities will include:
- As part of the SMT create and implement the organisation’s strategy, business plans and procedures.
- Manage and lead core team members, including admin, fundraising and communications. Support their development and assure the quality of their work.
- Oversee and implement the programme of organisational internal work across the key operations functions – finance, IT, HR, Risk and Compliance, Communications, Fundraising and Administration.
- Oversight and management of the organisation’s financial processes including management of the organisation’s budget process; the monitoring and management of cash-flow, and financial reporting at organisational, programme and project level.
- Oversee HR function including policies and procedures, training and development and culture and values.
- Set up and manage the organisation’s business planning cycle across strategy, business planning, budgeting, and implementation to support delivery of the organisation’s objectives.
- Management of key third party partners and service providers, accountants, auditors, and technology partners.
- Organisation and coordination of the SMT (monthly) and the Trustee (quarterly) meetings and ensure that they are provided with adequate data and analysis for effective management decision-making.
- Oversee Trustee and SMT processes including recruitment and inductions.
- Review current organisational processes and procedures to identify potential gaps and opportunities for improvement to build organisational capability.
How to apply.
Please see the full job description attached. To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter, explaining how your skills and experience match this role to email@example.com
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 8th September 2023 (5pm/17.00)