We're Hiring! EU Horizon Project Manager: Benchmarking Tool & Best Practice Guidance Development (WP5)
- Home-based with monthly travel to Oxford and occasional travel within Europe.
- Full-time post – 37.5 hours per week
- Salary: £39,500 per annum
- Fixed term position until 31 December 2027
- Job reference code: EU Horizon Project Manager WP5
- Apply by: 11:55 pm on Wednesday 13th December 2023
- Interviews: 19th – 20th December 2023.
- Start: 1 March 2024 or as soon as possible.
About the Horizon Europe Project: ‘KitNewCare’
The Horizon Europe initiative is the EU’s key funding programme for innovation and research to tackle climate change and achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. CSH is part of a consortium of organisations across the UK and EU that has been funded by Horizon Europe to develop and disseminate a model for sustainable healthcare. The ‘KitNewCare’ project will focus on the medical specialty of kidney care, due to its large disease burden (e.g. 10% of Europeans have impaired kidney function severe enough to impact their health status) and its significant resource footprint, particularly in the use of dialysis in clinical settings. The main pilot sites are in Poland, Spain, Italy and the Netherlands.
The project comprises several inter-related work packages, with different organisations leading or contributing to each package. These include: developing the knowledge base of sustainability trends, costs, hotspots and solutions across the EU; piloting organisational and workflow optimisations and technological innovations to improve sustainability in kidney care; and upscaling, disseminating and implementing solutions identified through the development of guidance, toolkits and training resources.
About the role
The Project Manager for Benchmarking Tool & Best Practice Guidance Development will be responsible for the successful delivery of Work Package 5 (Best Practice Guidance and Tools), which focuses on the design and development of a benchmarking dashboard and converting the results of the project into green kidney care guidelines. This will involve monitoring and managing the relevant milestones, deliverables and risk registers. The Project Manager will link with the software company and part-time local project coordinators in 4 pilot clinical sites (in Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and Poland) to design, pilot and evaluate the dashboard. The role will involve coordinating with other Work Packages including on training of local teams (WP6), developing a life cycle assessment model (WP2) and impact evaluation of changes to organisational and workflow optimisations (WP3).
- Project management of Work Package 5 (Best Practice Guidance and Tools) of the Horizon Europe project on sustainable kidney care (KitNewCare).
- Coordination with other Work Packages as required.
- Support of the development of a 4-factor Life Cycle Assessment model and database which captures health outcomes, financial, environmental and social impacts (WP2).
- Support of the application of the model at the four project pilot sites (Utrecht, Modena, Madrid, Warsaw) (WP2 & 3).
- Overseeing of the design, technical development, implementation and validation of a benchmarking dashboard, based on the 4-factor Life Cycle Assessment model and database, including:
- To set up and liaise with a stakeholder group to agree the metrics for a benchmarking tool.
- To liaise with an online software provider to create the benchmarking tool.
- To pilot and evaluate the benchmarking tool with the projects’ immediate and extended pilot sites.
- Exploration of the transferability of the benchmarking dashboard to other specialties.
- Development of best practice guide for sustainable kidney care based on the findings of this project and existing guidance and research.
- Participation in consortium meetings and liaison and coordination of activities with the KitNewCare project manager and consortium members.
Please see the full job description attached.
How To Apply
This is one of three exciting new roles that will support CSH's work with The Horizon Europe initiative. If you are applying for more than one role, please state this in your application and quote the job reference code.
Please email a cover letter and CV to Info@sustainablehealthcare.org.uk(link sends e-mail)
Your cover letter should detail how you fit the Person Specification and be no longer than two pages long. Your application will be assessed solely by how well you fit these requirements and to what extent you demonstrate your experience and/or knowledge of the tasks you will be required to complete.
- Closing date: 11:55 pm on Wednesday 13th December 2023
- Job reference code: EU Horizon Project Manager WP3
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org