We're hiring! Green Space for Health Programme Director
This is an exciting senior role for an environmentally committed manager who can take strategic oversight of our Green Space programme and provide effective management of the project and its staff.
- Home-based with monthly travel to Oxford
- Full time (37.5 hours per week)
- Salary: £41,000 per annum (plus contributory pension)
- Fixed term for 12 months (with a view to extend into a permanent position)
- Apply by midnight 28th June 2023, interviews will take place on 6th July 2023
About the role
CSH inspires and empowers people to transform healthcare for a sustainable future. We collaborate with partners inside and outside healthcare to engage professionals, patients and the wider community in understanding the connections between health and environment, and to reduce healthcare’s resource footprint.
Our flagship project is the NHS Forest, which helps to realise the value of green space for physical and mental health, both at healthcare sites and in the wider community. We support and encourage NHS sites in planting trees and developing their green space for the benefit of patients, health staff and communities, while also improving biodiversity and combatting climate change. We promote tree planting and woodland conservation at NHS sites, with free trees and advice, while also encouraging other green space enhancements such as meadow areas, vegetable growing, orchards and therapeutic gardens.
In addition to overseeing the development of the NHS Forest project and line managing the programme’s 2 core staff, the Green Space for Health Programme Director will also manage one or two Nature Rangers based on NHS sites. Work will also include leading on development and delivery of our Green Space training course for NHS staff. This role includes overseeing the programme’s budget, in consultation with the organisation’s Finance Manager; coordinating reports to funders and taking a strategic lead on the development and funding of the NHS Forest and the Green Space for Health programme, in consultation with other stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide line management for the Project and Evidence Lead for Trees and Woodlands, the Green Space Communications Lead and 2 Nature Rangers. This will include one-to-one meetings, appraisals and regular team meetings.
- Develop the programme’s strategy in consultation with project staff, the NHS Forest Advisory Group and CSH’s Director.
- Raise income for, monitor and oversee the programme budget in consultation with CSH’s fundraising and finance team.
- Coordinate reporting on the programme, including liaising with funders and producing reports for funders and for CSH’s board of trustees.
- Lead on development and delivery of Green Space for Health training course, with administrative and strategic support from CSH’s education team and input from other staff.
- Oversee the development and delivery of a new site-specific specialist advice scheme for NHS Forest sites, with input from the Project and Evidence Lead.
- Run the NHS Forest Advisory Group.
- Put in place arrangements for the evaluation of the new training course and site- specific advice scheme.
- Build partnerships that will further the development of the programme and contribute to fundraising in line with the programme objectives.
- Act as a spokesperson for the programme, including making presentations about the programme, responding to media requests and participating in relevant national policy fora, including for the purposes of wider policy development.
How to apply
- Closing date: Midnight, 28th June 2023
- Interviews: 6th July 2023
For any questions, please contact email@example.com